The NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting is a two-part course consisting of an e-learning portion (completed online in your own timeframe) and a hands-on practical portion conducted at a range under the guidance and supervision of an NRA certified instructor. The course is intended for all adults regardless of previous shooting experience or NRA affiliation.
Some of the topics in the course include: gun safety rules, proper operation of revolvers and semi-automatic pistols, ammunition knowledge and selection, selecting and storing a pistol, the fundamentals of shooting, and pistol inspection and maintenance.
During the course, an NRA certified instructor will validate comprehension and application of gun safety rules; range protocol; proper handling; loading and unloading procedures; application of pistol shooting fundamentals; stable shooting positions; live fire; and a final shooting qualification.
- Ear and Eye protection (electronic muffs preferred)
- Shoes – comfortable with sufficient support to permit a full range of motion. No sandals or flip-flops.
- Comfortable, weather appropriate clothing.
- Hydration system or Bottled water.
- Optional Items are a hat, sunscreen, bug repellant, rain gear. We will be on the range uncovered
and exposed to the elements for the second half of the day.